Heart of the Swarm
StarCraft II: Social Commerce
Working in close conjunction with Liquid Advertising, ActiVision Blizzard, PayPal and a strategic tech partner, I conceptualized and managed the development of the StarCraft II – Heart of the Swarm social commerce R&D initiative.
The platform was built entirely in Facebook, complete with analytics and a customer service admin, where CS reps could manage activation keys, process refunds and export user data for import into Battle.net. If users recruited two friends to buy StarCraft II, they would get Heart of the Swarm for free.
- Created “Recruit a Friend” strategy and platform
- Full referrer tracking for re-marketing and matching up in-game
- Use of Karma Points as rewards for secondary actions
- Developed Customer Service Management Platform
- Extensive security testing (for activation key security)
- Now being reviewed for broader Battle.net integration