VOLKSWAGEN: Kraftwerk at MoMA
Working in close partnership with Deutsch LA, I played a pivotal role in the launch of the world’s first branded animated GIF contest for one of the world’s coolest bands, Kraftwerk. VWGIFAway.com was a ticket giveaway for the Kraftwerk Retrospective at MoMA in NYC, launched in response to the crash of the MoMA ticketing site.
I shaped the tech strategy, managed the development, infrastructure setup and testing for the GifAway site – completed in just 10 days, from concept to launch, with continuous changes and revisions. A dual path strategy (blue sky and MVP) allowed us to adapt creative concepts to match feasibility within timeline. Infrastructure was optimized to handle in excess of 1MM daily users.
- 2013 Ex-Award – Best PR Stunt
- 2013 Webby Honoree – Guerrilla Marketing
- FWA shortlist of most innovative sites
- Generated over 75mm media impressions
- Featured in more than 20 top publications, including the New York Times
- 1MM+ Daily User Load Capability